Sunday, June 20, 2010

MovieSet Review/FRIED GREEN TOMATOS/WHISTLESTOP CAFE

I’m not judging Juliette, Georgia on the ethics issues involving a fictional Alabama town full of clansmen. I’m pleased with the feel of the yokels working at, and supporting a pleasant way to become legendary amongst tourists who have always preferred to ‘see America first’, because it’s good for the life of a town with homespun beauty.

The WhistleStop Café is marvelous, and deserves her place on any hipi map. Garden Salad, Peach Cobbler, and a heap of french-fries w/ ketchup, for two, plus bottomless, iced sweet tea, served in a canning jar, was $20.

So, even though I saw no Color in, or around-behind, the People of Juliette have done a fine job of growing a nice little town for little old ladies, and yuppie GrandMothers, and even fat, old hipis like me in the front porch rockers. A burly old guy even came-on to me as I was sitting backwards on a barstool, waiting at the restroom door. He tapped me on my shoulder when I wasn’t looking, and I leaned back, like in my salad days, and said “What?” So, we danced a few one-liners, back and forth, until I called him an Old Hipi. Whenupon, I left him grinning speechless, without falling off the stool.

The place is ‘styling’ as they say in Yankee New York. And it feels like a town which would’ve harbored a colored man’s wife and her secret,
white-manslaughter, in defense of her husband, and her best friend’s baby. ( so now you remember who done it?) (and I’m SURE the old Lady telling the story was Itchie,the BeeCharmer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment