Sunday, September 10, 2006

Battle of the Sexes

Battle of the Sexes


The following excerpts, from the Kingdom of Nye’s Radio Outpost, are presented here to illustrate that sexist attitudes are still a problem among the members of the Boomer Generation.  
Elk, a truck-driving Grampa, and the administrator of the forum writes…”I's like to thank you all for coming tonight. Please, sit down and have a cool beverage. I suppose you all are wondering why I called you here tonight. Well folks, welcome to the very first meeting of the N.H.B.O.T.B.T.C. What does it mean? It means, "Nupnorthians hell bent on taking back the country" Thats right...its a done deal. We are sick of watching as the evil little bastards walk all over our civil rights, and use the Constitution as bathroom tissue. And so, we are gonna do something about it.

Whereupon, Sage, the Witch of Woodstock Nation, and Queen of Hipi Road  replies…”let's just get my editorial comments on yer language, (which I'll limit to just the flavor of the the first paragraph introduction), outta the way...point: "bastards" is a sexist term, and is not child-friendly, either...point: "bathroom tissue" is a civilized euphemism for 'toilet paper' or TP...suggested edit: change "bastards" to "retards"...rationale: kids understand feelings of contempt for 'stupidity' better when their parentage is not being threatened. If you want Daniel to grow up respecting your honest and passionate opinions, Elk, you gotta be more careful of the words you chose to use to impress him with your powers to talk the walk, and walk the talk. Your Mission, Grampa, is to educate those babies in yer care, to the Truth and Value of LIFe; don't muck them over with gutter talk or duckspeak. 10-4?) end of lecture, next...

And Elk retorts…
Quotepoint: "bathroom tissue" is a civilized euphomism for 'toilet paper' or TP.
Fine. Lets call it what it is...what the hell, we're all adults here, right? Asswipe...butt napkins...a roll o' fun...emergency note pad...There! Happy?  At no time have I EVER stated that I was politically correct. Far from it. Im an old fart, and I live by ONE credo. Live and let live.Just so you know, and you seem soooo concerned that I may accidently slip and let a cuss word fly in the company of my 5 week old grandson, thereby forever corrupting his widdle mind, I try to not swear around the grandkids. BUT...I aint perfect. There have been times when Ive let loose with a colorful sentence or two, while in the vicinity of the rug rats. My grandsons look at me and laugh. How often does one get to see grampa drop a hatchet on his foot? Sh*t happens....Bastard is one of many words that has been twisted into meanings other than the true definition. But, I think in this case, (the neo-cons) I believe I used the term correctly. They arent kid friendly and they ARE sexist.I am a dinosaur, Sage. What you see is what you get.Now, if you'll excuse me, Im gonna go hang out at the Nupnorth drugstore and whistle at the chicks as they stroll by..."Twee! Twee! Yeh baby! Shake it!!!"( Did I mention that Im a chauvenist pig as well? )

Sage . “there is no correct use of a homocidal word like 'Bastard', around ANY of the Goddess's Terran Children.”
warmongers breed bastards to supply life-is-cheap cannonfodder,and I am a NitWit for bothering you poor, crabby futher muckers.sorry.

Elk…Good god, Mrs. Cleaver, take another look. It appears that everyone here has tongue firmly planted in cheek 'cept you!I could, if pushed, whip out my trusty chauvenist pig helmut, tell you to chill out, take two midol, and call your doctor in the morning. But I wont. Instead, I recommend you go back and reread this thread. If you look, real hard, maybe you'll see the humor. This is Nupnorth, Sage. We try very hard to NOT beat things into the sand. It just aint good for the mojo. Now, Im gonna go blow the dust off an old LP Ive had stashed for many years. Its a George Carlin bit..."Seven words you cant say on radio or TV".

Sage…I've never thought anal and phallic bathroom humor was funny.Booby jokes are another matter, because WE ALL GOT TITS!!!and YOU, KISSING MY BUTT would be considered a very funny SCORE, dontcha think??? who's got a picture or cartoon for THAT, tongue-in-cheekies???

Elk…Im sorry you feel my posts are "hogwash", Sage. I guess the only point of view around here, that matters, is yours, eh? So be it. Understand tho, there is a fine line. Be very careful not to cross it.

Sage… yeah, butt...you were the one who bragged about yer non-kosher porker mind-set...I thought you'd catch the pun and think it clever...sorry, MY BOO BOO!
(image placeholder)
Elk…Not relevant. You are getting a little too personal. Some of us have known each other for a number of years. There are running jokes that have been kicking around for awhile. I wouldnt expect you to know that, but I would expect you to respect the others and the general tone of the board. If you dont like to laugh, maybe this isnt the place for you.

Co- moderator, Linnea…Hey, Elk. You are quite right. Easy here, Sage. Slow and easy.

Whereupon, Sage is deleted from the Forum   BOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment