Monday, August 29, 2011



Jahnean Jordan Pegasus 2010


I met my Nanny-goatee’d HouseHusband on a hippy goat farm in Humboldt County, the year I turned 50, broke my ankle, and became disabled, almost 13 years ago.
Before she returned to Georgia to tend to her sick Mother, she gave me $200 so I could Greyhound-it to Arizona the renew the tags on my Volkswagen, so I could vacate the job site and live on the street and river in relative safety, until I could finally retire to the Death Valley’s hot springs in Tecopa CA, on an SSI’ nutcheck, which I earned for being a ‘magical thinker’ and boycotter of Big Pharma.
Three years later Pegasus came thru the Desert on her way home from her last road trip while her Mom was still alive, to see how I was doing, and found me housebound, on crutches, with nobody to push my wheelchair. We had a lovely week together, back and forth to the hot springs, and I was sooo grateful and in love with her caring, that I popped ’the question’ and gave her a crystal engagement ring before she left for home to her Mother, where she shortly thereafter, made arrangements with an adopted son in Vegas to deliver a needed golf cart to my front yard, so I could toodle down the block to the dumpster and Post Office on my own. She’s never mentioned how much it cost, so I suspect her Mother was in cahoots.
Four years passed in utter comfort, until a city-trash family moved in next door, with a pre-teen boy who harassed me constantly for driving privileges, ungoverned by his hustling parents, and then my Old Hipi Road Dog died 2 years later. So when my daughter-in-law in Texas invited me to move into their backyard camper, and when my Son, who also lusted after the golf-cart, offered to come get it, and me and my last two dogs and cat, I jumped at the chance to meet my GrandDaughters, as well as get halfway to Georgia, so my Pegasus could afford to rescue us from a winter with NO HOT WATER, and so I could soak in her hot tub and help her pay the utilities and taxes on her deceased Mother’s money-pit of a house, during our old age together.











No comments:

Post a Comment